Past October, I6NET was at Astricon 2008 Gendale when Skype and Digium start their first partnership to make interoperable their products. Nine months after, Digium announced this week the availability of the Skype for Asterisk open beta. Skype for Asterisk Beta is a download that lets you integrate your Asterisk system with the Skype network.
With Skype for Asterisk, you can:
• Make Skype to Skype calls
• Call landlines, cellphones, even grandma!
• Receive SkypeIn calls
• Make multiple Skype calls simultaneously using the same Skype account
• Read Skype profile fields
• Support DTMF
• Set and retrieve online status
• Handle incoming Skype calls using your dialplan
• Use the Asterisk PBX for voice and the Desktop for IM
• And much more!
And you can do this all from your Asterisk PBX!
Ordinary Skype isn’t an open telephony system. You need your desktop and some sort of sound equipment just to make a call. Skype for Asterisk Beta has the muscle to use your phone system directly with the Skype network.
Some pictures at past Astricon 2008:
Use Skype for Asterisk Beta to provide an IVR or Voice Portal for your company!