Find here a small example about how to implement a VoiceXML callback feature for your IVR service. VXI* won’t pikup the call of the caller, a ringback tone is playing before handup. Once the call is hangup, the platform callback the caller (caller ID or session.connection.remote.uri). A callback service is a very good idea to avoid call charges for your customers when they are calling you.
- Call 0001
- the IVR pickup the call…
- and execute your service (charged if you call it directly)
- Call 0002
- the IVR don’t pickup the call… ringbacktone message
- and call back you to execute your service (free call, with callback)
- Asterisk 1.4, 1.6, 1.8
- VXI* VoiceXML browser 6.0 or upper
- VoIP or E1/T1 carrier must support ringbacktone/earlymedia
VoiceXML Accounts: vxml.conf
VoiceXML Code: callback.vxml
Very simple, isn’t it?